- by admin
- December 14, 2021
Oosterveer, P., Brons, A. (2019)
Food and Sustainability is the first text on this topic to consistently and coherently bring together important concepts from different disciplines to introduce students to a common challenge: food sustainability.
– The first text to introduce students to the full range of disciplines underpinning food sustainability, and help them successfully apply their knowledge to the real-world challenges food sustainability presents.
– Case studies throughout demonstrate the real-life application of concepts being introduced in the main text, while a range of in-text learning features promote engagement, reflection, and critical thinking on the part of the reader.
– In-depth boxes introduce more complex topics, such as derivations or specific terminology, without disrupting the flow of the main body of text.
– A ‘Food controversy’ panel in each chapter encourages the reader to view topics under discussion from different perspectives, and to appreciate how there is often no one ‘right answer’ to debates and issues.
– A ‘Connect the dots’ feature actively encourages the reader to make links between the range of disciplines discussed in different chapters, underpinning the study of food sustainability in order to see the field as a coherent whole.
– Also available as an e-book with functionality, navigation features, and links that offer extra learning support